cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisGarty
Employee
Employee

Transition to List Flows as Admin V2 from deprecated List Flows as Admin action on the Power Automate Management connector

Hi community! 

What's changing?

The List flows as Admin action on the Power Automate Management connector has been deprecated in favor of the List Flows as Admin (V2) action. The List Flows as Admin (V2) action can list all flows in an environment. The V2 action and its backing API has higher performance, since it returns only the identifying information about the flow. To accomplish this performance increase, the flow definition and some other metadata isn't returned. If the flow definition or additional metadata is needed, then a subsequent call can be made to the Get Flow as Admin action.

The Get-AdminFlow PowerShell cmdlet is also being updated to call the V2 List Flows API instead of the V1 List Flows API. This change will remove support for the CreatedBy filter.

The Center of Excellence (CoE) Starter Kit was updated to call the V2 List Flows API instead of the V1 List Flows API and that change was in the May 2023 release.

Why is this change happening?

The V2 API has higher performance, since it returns only the identifying information about the flow. The transition away from the V1 API is being made to minimize future disruptions to customer services.

How do I adjust to the change?

If you don't use the Center of Excellence (CoE) Starter Kit, the List flows as Admin action on the Power Automate Management connector, or the Get-AdminFlow PowerShell cmdlet, then you won't need to make any changes.

Connector actions: To take advantage of the increased performance of the V2 action and move off the V1 action, simply transition to using the List Flows as Admin (V2) action instead.

PowerShell: The Get-AdminFlow PowerShell cmdlet has been updated in version 2.0.165. You can update your copy of the Power Platform PowerShell cmdlets using Update-Module -Name "Microsoft.PowerApps.Administration.PowerShell". You can check your version using Get-Module -Name "Microsoft.PowerApps.Administration.PowerShell".

CoE Starter Kit: Update to the latest release of the CoE Starter Kit.

How do I find connector actions?

If you aren’t sure which flows might be calling the List flows as Admin action, then you can create a flow to list those flows. The List flows as Admin action has an operation ID of “ListFlowsInEnvironment”, so call the List Flows as Admin (V2) action, iterate over those flows calling the Get Flows as Admin action for each, parse JSON on the “actions” result, and then look for a “swaggerOperationId” of “ListFlowsInEnvironment”.

What's the timeline?

Connector design-time: Enforcement of the connector action deprecation at design-time is currently happening, so new flows will need to use the List Flows as Admin (V2) action. The design-time change finished rolling out to production environments 6/15.

Runtime: In August, we'll evaluate migration progress and start enforcing the deprecation at runtime, so that calls to the backing API may begin to fail at runtime. In time this will affect the old PowerShell cmdlet versions, old CoE Starter Kit versions, and calls to the deprecated List flows as Admin action.

What if I miss something?

We'll be watching usage levels of the deprecated List flows as Admin action, and its backing API, and we will reach out to customers that continue to have significant usage by the end of July.

Where can I read more?

You can read the latest guidance in the Administer environments and Power Automate resources documentation.

Who can I contact for more information?

Please ask any questions that you may have here and we'll get you answers. Thanks!

*** Update October 19, 2023 *** 

Thanks to community feedback, List Flows as Admin V2 + Get Flow as Admin APIs should now be functionally equivalent to List Flows as Admin V1 API.

List Flows as Admin V2 API is now:

- Working correctly in GCC

- Returning createdBy, createdTime, and lastModifiedTime

Get Flow as Admin API is now:

- Returning flow definition

Module Microsoft.PowerApps.Administration.PowerShell updated

We are going to start failing a small number of calls to the V1 List Flows as Admin API to encourage migration to the V2 API, the V2 action, and the latest PowerShell cmdlets module. For now, the failures will randomly occur on less than 1% of calls to the V1 API. 

This is the error that would be returned to calls to the API directly or via the connector:
The List Flows as Admin API is no longer supported. Please use the List Flows as Admin (V2) action
And this is the error message that will be returned from the PowerShell cmdlet:
The List Flows as Admin API used by this PowerShell cmdlet version is no longer supported. Please update to the latest PowerShell cmdlet using Update-Module

This change will roll out as RP/2310.3: Preview ~Oct 17, Canada ~Oct 24, Early regions ~Oct 25, Asia ~Oct 27, Europe ~Oct 31, North America ~Nov 2, GCC ~Nov 6.

If you encounter these error messages, then please take the remediation actions described.

*** Update February 1, 2024 *** 

The transition to the V2 API is progressing well and we continue to advance the process of randomly failing calls to the V1 List Flows as Admin API as a reminder to move to the V2 API. 

An update to fail 20% of calls is releasing now as RP/2401.4: Preview ~Jan 23, Canada ~Jan 30, Early regions ~Jan 31, Asia ~Feb 2, Europe ~Feb 6, North America ~Feb 8, GCC ~Feb 12.

An update to fail 40% of calls will release out as RP/2402.1: Preview ~Feb 6, Canada ~Feb 13, Early regions ~Feb 14, Asia ~Feb 16, Europe ~Feb 20, North America ~Feb 22, GCC ~Feb 26.

Updates to move the failure rates up are planned for the near future:

- 60%: Canada ~Feb 27, North America ~March 7

- 80%: Canada ~March 12, North America ~March 21

- 100%: Canada ~March 26, North America ~April 4

These dates are subject to change, but can be used as a guide. If you encounter the error messages detailed above, then please take the remediation actions described.

*** Update April 22, 2024 ***

Calls to the List flows as Admin API are now fully deprecated via the Power Automate Management connector or PowerShell. There is some direct use of the API from other clients, so we will begin failing those calls as well.

67 REPLIES 67
ChrisGarty
Employee
Employee

Additionally, here is a PowerApps admin module PowerShell script that an admin can run to get a list of flows that are using the deprecated action:

#Find flows using a specific action within all cloud flows in the tenant
$startTime = Get-Date
#The name for the Power Automate Management connector is shared_flowmanagement
$targetConnectorName = "shared_flowmanagement"
#The name for the List Flows as Admin action is ListFlowsInEnvironment
$targetActionName = "ListFlowsInEnvironment"

$myStrings = @()
$totalFlowCount = 0
$targetFlowActionCount = 0
$totalFlowActionCount = 0
$environments = Get-AdminPowerAppEnvironment
foreach ($environment in $environments) {
    $environmentName = $environment.EnvironmentName
    $environmentDisplayName = $environment.DisplayName
    $flows = Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $environmentName
    $totalFlowCount = $totalFlowCount + $flows.Count
    foreach ($flow in $flows) {
        $flowName = $flow.FlowName
        #Call Get-AdminFlow again with the FlowName parameter so it retrieves the definitionSummary
        $detailedFlow = Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $environmentName -FlowName $flowName
        foreach ($action in $detailedFlow.Internal.properties.definitionSummary.actions) {
            # Make sure it is a valid action
            if ($action.swaggerOperationId) {
                $totalFlowActionCount++
                # Check if action name and connector name are a match
                if (($action.swaggerOperationId -eq $targetActionName) -and ($action.api.name -eq $targetConnectorName)) {
                    $targetFlowActionCount++
                    $flowDisplayName = $flow.DisplayName
                    $connectorName = $action.api.name 
                    $actionName = $action.swaggerOperationId
$jsonOutput = @"
{
  "environmentName": "$environmentName",
  "environmentDisplayName": "$environmentDisplayName",
  "flowName": "$flowName",
  "flowDisplayName": "$flowDisplayName",
  "connectorName": "$connectorName",
  "actionName": "$actionName"
}
"@
                    $myStrings += $jsonOutput
                } 
            } 
        } 
    }
}
# Output the captured strings
foreach ($string in $myStrings) {
    Write-Host $string
}
Write-Host "Target connector was $targetConnectorName and target action was $targetActionName"
Write-Host "Target flows actions count: $targetFlowActionCount"
Write-Host "Total flows actions count: $totalFlowActionCount"
Write-Host "Total cloud flows count: $totalFlowCount"
$endTime = Get-Date
$duration = $endTime - $startTime
Write-Host "Script execution time: $duration"

max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Did I miss the Message Center News about this?
So I have now to update several flows in just a few weeks?

I'm not happy...

By the way: there are still active templates that using this action. 🙄

@max81, Hopefully the flows are easy to transition! Message center communication was a little delayed, but just went out. We’ll watch the migration progress to try to ensure the impact is minimal. We will get the templates switched over, but let us know if you see any needing attention. 
Thanks!

max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ChrisGarty : thanks for your feedback.
It depends on your definition for "easy". But it will take some time to migrate these flows. Summer time and holiday season and the short time period doesn't really help 😉

Is there a possibility to get some additional weeks for migration?

mzandegiacomo
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hello @ChrisGarty 
Thanks for your message. I definitely think that the transition period is too short and we need more time. Especially in large environments, upgrading the CoE Toolkit is not done so quickly as it needs some testing and environment-specific adjustments before a new version can be used. Especially since the transition period falls in summertime and was announced at far too short notice.
I think the start of enforcing the deprecation at runtime should be postponed until the end of september.
Thanks, Martin

max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Message Center Info has been released a few days ago - just adding it so other users can find this post more easily

MC624197
Nazul
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is very disappointing.

First, this was started back in June, and MC624197 was published July 4, so we find out about this weeks later when it was published in MC. And it is going to be enforced in August. Poor communication in my perspective.

And about the change, it is reducing the data is sending back to improve your process, but making ours more complicated and slower. We have over 4K+ flows, so it was enough for most of the scenarios to do a simple Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $defaultEnvName, but now we are forcing to get all flows, and then run the slower version per each flow. Like this.

$flows = Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $defaultEnvName

$tmpFlows = @()
foreach ($tmpFlow in $flows) {
$tmpFlows += Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $tmpFlow.EnvironmentName -FlowName $tmpFlow.FlowName
}
$flows = $tmpFlows

It might be improved if we try to run some paralelism here, but if so, we might reach some thresholds because too many API calls at the same time.

We have an increased time from just a few seconds for the Get-AdminFlow to 3 hours to get all details just because of the missing CreatedBy data.

@Nazul, the CreatedBy data is something we are trying to add into the V2 result. Is that the only piece of data that is causing you to call “Get-AdminFlow -FlowName” for each flow?

@max81 and @mzandegiacomo , thanks for the feedback on the timeline. We’ll watch usage of the older API and evaluate where we are in August. Thanks for starting your transitions now to provide us with feedback!

IAmIntractable
Helper III
Helper III

This new action is not working properly. The displayName should not contain a GUID but the actual current name of the flow. Also, I do not believe it is returning flows that are considered soft-removed. 

As part of this change, yes, the CreatedBy is the primary attribute that is causing issues for us. It's not the only one that is missing (description is missing too).

In some processes, we had to go and get individual details for all flows anyway in the past (like used connectors). It shouldn't be this way.

@IAmIntractable , the DisplayName value should be a string. The FlowName value should be a GUID. Could you double check that? Results in PowerShell should look like this:

PS C:\Users\cgarty> Get-AdminFlow

FlowName : 01a2b422-2214-c07d-fe91-a5d76f154705
Enabled : True
DisplayName : ModelDriven Flow
UserType :
CreatedTime : 2021-01-25T07:47:21Z
CreatedBy :
LastModifiedTime : 2021-01-26T16:22:37Z
EnvironmentName : 03ff31c6-90c5-451b-810b-34992b4be0dc
WorkflowEntityId : 6c631d89-e15e-eb11-a812-000d3a322191
Internal : @{name=01a2b422-2214-c07d-fe91-a5d76f154705; id=/providers/Microsoft.ProcessSimple/environments/03ff
31c6-90c5-451b-810b-34992b4be0dc/flows/01a2b422-2214-c07d-fe91-a5d76f154705;
type=Microsoft.ProcessSimple/environments/flows; properties=}

FlowName : 072e1365-e295-1e1c-00a6-a889c44756d1
Enabled : True
DisplayName : Alert Warehouse & Technician
UserType :
CreatedTime : 2021-01-28T19:07:15Z
CreatedBy :
LastModifiedTime : 2021-03-04T17:08:57Z
EnvironmentName : 03ff31c6-90c5-451b-810b-34992b4be0dc
WorkflowEntityId : eff8c205-9c61-eb11-a812-000d3a322690
Internal : @{name=072e1365-e295-1e1c-00a6-a889c44756d1; id=/providers/Microsoft.ProcessSimple/environments/03ff
31c6-90c5-451b-810b-34992b4be0dc/flows/072e1365-e295-1e1c-00a6-a889c44756d1;
type=Microsoft.ProcessSimple/environments/flows; properties=}

Could you explain more what you mean by "soft-removed"? Do you mean Enabled=False?

We are now reaching another issue because of this change.

Because we need to run a Get-AdminFlow per each flow in the environment and store the results in memory, we have more memory comsuption and the server goes out of memory.

An example of the difference in a small test environment.

PS C:\> Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $testEnv | ConvertTo-Json -Compress | Out-File C:\Temp\all.json
PS C:\> Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $testEnv | % {Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $_.EnvironmentName -FlowName $_.FlowName} | ConvertTo-Json -Compress | Out-File C:\Temp\detailed.json
PS C:\> dir C:\Temp\*.json

Directory: C:\Temp

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
-a----        7/12/2023   8:14 AM         816726 all.json
-a----        7/12/2023   8:33 AM        1142458 detailed.json

PS C:\> Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $testEnv | Measure-Object

Count    : 448
Average  :
Sum      :
Maximum  :
Minimum  :
Property :

I think this should be rolled back until we have a better solution.

Hi @Nazul , is the memory limit being exceeded because of the 40% increase in the size of the resulting dataset or because you can't do a filter on the inital Get-AdminFlow call because some data isn't there (like CreatedBy), or something else?

Nazul
Advocate I
Advocate I

That's in that environment, but let's see in another one. A small environment with less than 500 flows (our default environment has over 4K flows).

C:\> $flows = Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $devEnv
C:\> $flows.Count
C:\> Measure-Command { $flows = Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $devEnv }

Days              : 0
Hours             : 0
Minutes           : 0
Seconds           : 9
Milliseconds      : 382
Ticks             : 93821269
TotalDays         : 0.000108589431712963
TotalHours        : 0.00260614636111111
TotalMinutes      : 0.156368781666667
TotalSeconds      : 9.3821269
TotalMilliseconds : 9382.1269

C:\> Measure-Command { $detailedFlows = Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $devEnv | % {Get-AdminFlow -EnvironmentName $_.EnvironmentName -FlowName $_.FlowName} }

Days              : 0
Hours             : 0
Minutes           : 12
Seconds           : 12
Milliseconds      : 498
Ticks             : 7324988063
TotalDays         : 0.00847799544328704
TotalHours        : 0.203471890638889
TotalMinutes      : 12.2083134383333
TotalSeconds      : 732.4988063
TotalMilliseconds : 732498.8063

C:\> $flows | ConvertTo-Json -Compress -Depth 30 | Out-File .\flows.json
C:\> $detailedFlows | ConvertTo-Json -Compress -Depth 30 | Out-File .\detailedFlows.json
C:\> dir *.json

Directory: C:\

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
-a---         7/12/2023   1:07 PM      158090151 detailedFlows.json
-a---         7/12/2023   1:03 PM         513933 flows.json

Time goes from 10 seconds to 12 minutes!

Data size goes from less than 1 MB (501KB) to 150 MB!

No, we cannot filter as we need to go and apply our governance rules to all flows, not just a subset. We could implement some sort of process that applies those rules in batches or other ways to optimize it, but that means we need to apply some sort of reengineering. We shouldn't have to change everything just because of this change. Particularly since it was implemented with the correct notification and timeframe for analyzing and changing everything.

This needs to be rolled back ASAP.

Nazul
Advocate I
Advocate I

I created a support case. Hopefully, this can be rolled back until it works correctly, and it gets notified accordingly.

max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

doesn't look great.
I'm still busy with other stuff this week. So I will start next week and I have only one week for migration because of summer holidays.

Question ahead: is the documentation for this action correct and up-to-date?

Nazul
Advocate I
Advocate I

Any updates about when this is going to be rolled back? We need to be sure we can either upgrade to a new PowerShell module version that does not have this issue (and is using the old API endpoint with the correct data), or that if we uninstall the latest version and install one that is older than 2.0.165 it will still work.

Thank you for you message @ChrisGarty. We start to plan the upgrades but as mentioned, we might not be finished until the middle of August.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Calling all User Group Leaders and Super Users! Mark Your Calendars for the next Community Ambassador Call on May 9th!

This month's Community Ambassador call is on May 9th at 9a & 3p PDT. Please keep an eye out in your private messages and Teams channels for your invitation. There are lots of exciting updates coming to the Community, and we have some exclusive opportunities to share with you! As always, we'll also review regular updates for User Groups, Super Users, and share general information about what's going on in the Community.     Be sure to register & we hope to see all of you there!

April 2024 Community Newsletter

We're pleased to share the April Community Newsletter, where we highlight the latest news, product releases, upcoming events, and the amazing work of our outstanding Community members.   If you're new to the Community, please make sure to follow the latest News & Announcements and check out the Community on LinkedIn as well! It's the best way to stay up-to-date with all the news from across Microsoft Power Platform and beyond.    COMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS   Check out the most active community members of the last month! These hardworking members are posting regularly, answering questions, kudos, and providing top solutions in their communities. We are so thankful for each of you--keep up the great work! If you hope to see your name here next month, follow these awesome community members to see what they do!   Power AppsPower AutomateCopilot StudioPower PagesWarrenBelzDeenujialexander2523ragavanrajanLaurensMManishSolankiMattJimisonLucas001AmikcapuanodanilostephenrobertOliverRodriguestimlAndrewJManikandanSFubarmmbr1606VishnuReddy1997theMacResolutionsVishalJhaveriVictorIvanidzejsrandhawahagrua33ikExpiscornovusFGuerrero1PowerAddictgulshankhuranaANBExpiscornovusprathyooSpongYeNived_Nambiardeeksha15795apangelesGochixgrantjenkinsvasu24Mfon   LATEST NEWS   Business Applications Launch Event - On Demand In case you missed the Business Applications Launch Event, you can now catch up on all the announcements and watch the entire event on-demand inside Charles Lamanna's latest cloud blog.   This is your one stop shop for all the latest Copilot features across Power Platform and #Dynamics365, including first-hand looks at how companies such as Lenovo, Sonepar, Ford Motor Company, Omnicom and more are using these new capabilities in transformative ways. Click the image below to watch today!   Power Platform Community Conference 2024 is here! It's time to look forward to the next installment of the Power Platform Community Conference, which takes place this year on 18-20th September 2024 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas!   Come and be inspired by Microsoft senior thought leaders and the engineers behind the #PowerPlatform, with Charles Lamanna, Sangya Singh, Ryan Cunningham, Kim Manis, Nirav Shah, Omar Aftab and Leon Welicki already confirmed to speak. You'll also be able to learn from industry experts and Microsoft MVPs who are dedicated to bridging the gap between humanity and technology. These include the likes of Lisa Crosbie, Victor Dantas, Kristine Kolodziejski, David Yack, Daniel Christian, Miguel Félix, and Mats Necker, with many more to be announced over the coming weeks.   Click here to watch our brand-new sizzle reel for #PPCC24 or click the image below to find out more about registration. See you in Vegas!       Power Up Program Announces New Video-Based Learning Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram. These include a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the image below to find out more!   UPCOMING EVENTS Microsoft Build - Seattle and Online - 21-23rd May 2024 Taking place on 21-23rd May 2024 both online and in Seattle, this is the perfect event to learn more about low code development, creating copilots, cloud platforms, and so much more to help you unleash the power of AI.   There's a serious wealth of talent speaking across the three days, including the likes of Satya Nadella, Amanda K. Silver, Scott Guthrie, Sarah Bird, Charles Lamanna, Miti J., Kevin Scott, Asha Sharma, Rajesh Jha, Arun Ulag, Clay Wesener, and many more.   And don't worry if you can't make it to Seattle, the event will be online and totally free to join. Click the image below to register for #MSBuild today!   European Collab Summit - Germany - 14-16th May 2024 The clock is counting down to the amazing European Collaboration Summit, which takes place in Germany May 14-16, 2024. #CollabSummit2024 is designed to provide cutting-edge insights and best practices into Power Platform, Microsoft 365, Teams, Viva, and so much more. There's a whole host of experts speakers across the three-day event, including the likes of Vesa Juvonen, Laurie Pottmeyer, Dan Holme, Mark Kashman, Dona Sarkar, Gavin Barron, Emily Mancini, Martina Grom, Ahmad Najjar, Liz Sundet, Nikki Chapple, Sara Fennah, Seb Matthews, Tobias Martin, Zoe Wilson, Fabian Williams, and many more.   Click the image below to find out more about #ECS2024 and register today!     Microsoft 365 & Power Platform Conference - Seattle - 3-7th June If you're looking to turbo boost your Power Platform skills this year, why not take a look at everything TechCon365 has to offer at the Seattle Convention Center on June 3-7, 2024.   This amazing 3-day conference (with 2 optional days of workshops) offers over 130 sessions across multiple tracks, alongside 25 workshops presented by Power Platform, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Viva, Azure, Copilot and AI experts. There's a great array of speakers, including the likes of Nirav Shah, Naomi Moneypenny, Jason Himmelstein, Heather Cook, Karuana Gatimu, Mark Kashman, Michelle Gilbert, Taiki Y., Kristi K., Nate Chamberlain, Julie Koesmarno, Daniel Glenn, Sarah Haase, Marc Windle, Amit Vasu, Joanne C Klein, Agnes Molnar, and many more.   Click the image below for more #Techcon365 intel and register today!     For more events, click the image below to visit the Microsoft Community Days website.      

Tuesday Tip | Update Your Community Profile Today!

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   We're excited to announce that updating your community profile has never been easier! Keeping your profile up to date is essential for staying connected and engaged with the community.   Check out the following Support Articles with these topics: Accessing Your Community ProfileRetrieving Your Profile URLUpdating Your Community Profile Time ZoneChanging Your Community Profile Picture (Avatar)Setting Your Date Display Preferences Click on your community link for more information: Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages, Copilot Studio   Thank you for being an active part of our community. Your contributions make a difference! Best Regards, The Community Management Team

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

Super User of the Month | Ahmed Salih

We're thrilled to announce that Ahmed Salih is our Super User of the Month for April 2024. Ahmed has been one of our most active Super Users this year--in fact, he kicked off the year in our Community with this great video reminder of why being a Super User has been so important to him!   Ahmed is the Senior Power Platform Architect at Saint Jude's Children's Research Hospital in Memphis. He's been a Super User for two seasons and is also a Microsoft MVP! He's celebrating his 3rd year being active in the Community--and he's received more than 500 kudos while authoring nearly 300 solutions. Ahmed's contributions to the Super User in Training program has been invaluable, with his most recent session with SUIT highlighting an incredible amount of best practices and tips that have helped him achieve his success.   Ahmed's infectious enthusiasm and boundless energy are a key reason why so many Community members appreciate how he brings his personality--and expertise--to every interaction. With all the solutions he provides, his willingness to help the Community learn more about Power Platform, and his sheer joy in life, we are pleased to celebrate Ahmed and all his contributions! You can find him in the Community and on LinkedIn. Congratulations, Ahmed--thank you for being a SUPER user!

Tuesday Tip: Getting Started with Private Messages & Macros

Welcome to TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   This Week's Tip: Private Messaging & Macros in Power Apps Community   Do you want to enhance your communication in the Community and streamline your interactions? One of the best ways to do this is to ensure you are using Private Messaging--and the ever-handy macros that are available to you as a Community member!   Our Knowledge Base article about private messaging and macros is the best place to find out more. Check it out today and discover some key tips and tricks when it comes to messages and macros:   Private Messaging: Learn how to enable private messages in your community profile and ensure you’re connected with other community membersMacros Explained: Discover the convenience of macros—prewritten text snippets that save time when posting in forums or sending private messagesCreating Macros: Follow simple steps to create your own macros for efficient communication within the Power Apps CommunityUsage Guide: Understand how to apply macros in posts and private messages, enhancing your interaction with the Community For detailed instructions and more information, visit the full page in your community today:Power Apps: Enabling Private Messaging & How to Use Macros (Power Apps)Power Automate: Enabling Private Messaging & How to Use Macros (Power Automate)  Copilot Studio: Enabling Private Messaging &How to Use Macros (Copilot Studio) Power Pages: Enabling Private Messaging & How to Use Macros (Power Pages)

Users online (6,948)