Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Symira
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to read multioptions set from dynamics 365

Hi,

I have quite a straightforward requirement. I have an entity in dynamics 365 with a multioptions set field. I need to write data to an external datatable using flow, and need to write the lables of the selected options. Unfortunately I get an empty lable here.

Can someone guide me how I can get the selected lables?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Most Valuable Professional

Hi @Symira 

If you happy with the response could you please mark it as accepted solution.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
DeepakS

Hi @Symira 

When you run List Records action and are you getting the selected option lables with value in response? please share the output if possible?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

abm

Hi,

CDS doesn't support  multiselect optionset values yet. You need to get Dynamics connector for this. 

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
abm

Hi @Symira 

I have a working solution for this. Will update to later this evening.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi DeepakS,

The field_value has a comma seperated array of selected options. The field_label is null

Hi,

In fact I am already using Dynamics connector. In spite of that the field_value provides me a comma seperated array of values of selected fields, the field_lable is null

abm

Hi @Symira & @DeepakS 

Dynamics connector returns the multi-select option label as null but the selected values will be retrieved as comma separated values. CDS connector don't return any values or label. 

Here I will explain how to retrieve the labels from multi-select option set.

My entity name is called Sports and I have got a multi-select field called Category.

Here I am have a manual trigger and next step is the list records (Dynamics Connector)

image.png

Next we need to iterate the values from Sports entity where I have couple of records selected as multi-select under the category field.

image.png

Above I have used a compose to get the selected multi-select value from each record. Remember these are comma separated values. So in my next step I have used a split expression to split each selected option select values.

image.png

Above expression I used is as follows:

split(outputs('Compose_-_Selected_Multi-Select_Values'),',')

So the split is going to give us multi values as an array. So again we need to use another loop to iterate the values. Remember the below loop is within the loop we have declared above.

image.png

Above compose will give us each selected values. This is a numeric value.

To get the label text using the above option set numeric value we need to use the "String Maps" entity using the filter query as entity name (ajb_sport) and attributevalue equal to numeric value of multi-select option set value.

image.png

Because it's a list  we need another For Each Loop (Again within the earlier for each loop) to iterate the values of the text.

image.png

Note: We have overall three loops within each other. Yes too many loops 🙄

These are my test run results:

image.png

Hope its all make sense. 

If you have any questions related to this please let me know.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Greetings,

I have been following along with your reply, as I too, am looking for labels not values from a multi-select option set in Dynamics 365.

However, I am getting this error, 

"A binary operator with incompatible types was detected. Found operand types 'Edm.Int32' and 'Edm.String' for operator kind 'Equal'."

Can you give me nudge in the right direction?

I very much appreciate the amount of effort you can committed to this issue.

Regards,

Capture2.PNGInkedCapture1_LI.jpgCapture3.PNG
abm

Could you please post your List Record Filter?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Greetings,

Here is my List records - Filter by...

Capture4.PNG

abm

Hi @fklatecki 

Thanks. That mapping looks good to me. Make sure that output is not a string value you are mapping. 

Check the run history to identify?

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Can you send me a link for a screenshare?

Regards,

Frank

abm

Hi @fklatecki 

Check your email?

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Greetings,

Thank you for the elegant solution, to the MultiSelect Option set "view label" issue.

Consider this item solved...

Capture5.PNG

abm

Hi @Symira 

Did you looked into this solution? Try this and let me know how it goes. If all good then please mark it as solution accepted as it will help others in community.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi abm

Thanks for your detailed reply. This works absolutely fine. The entity "String Maps" as the missing part in the puzzle for me. The solution works fine. At the same time, I feel this workaround would not be necessary if Microsoft would fix this bug. Are you aware if this bug has been reported to Microsoft.

Thanks to you any ways for helping fix this issue for now and for future 🙂

regards

abm

Hi @Symira 

If you happy with the response could you please mark it as accepted solution.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi @abm,

Do you by any chance have a way to get values from a record in dynamics 365?

Been trying for days on how to get this to no avail.

The apply to each control does not seem to loop my multioptionset from dynamics 365

Any help would be highly appreciated.

abm

Hi @xenophonic 

Will update you soon.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
abm

Hi @xenophonic 

I made a video related to this. Please have a look and comment.

https://youtu.be/xRKC7FV2zJA

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Helpful resources

Announcements

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook today!

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Copilot Studio Community. We can't wait for you to share your expertise and your experience!    Join us for an amazing opportunity where you'll be one of the first to contribute to the Copilot Cookbook—your ultimate guide to mastering Microsoft Copilot. Whether you're seeking inspiration or grappling with a challenge while crafting apps, you probably already know that Copilot Cookbook is your reliable assistant, offering a wealth of tips and tricks at your fingertips--and we want you to add your expertise. What can you "cook" up?   Click this link to get started: https://aka.ms/CS_Copilot_Cookbook_Gallery   Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to be one of the first in the Community to share your app creation journey with Copilot. We'll be announcing a Cookbook Challenge very soon and want to make sure you one of the first "cooks" in the kitchen.   Don't miss your moment--start submitting in the Copilot Cookbook Gallery today!     Thank you,  Engagement Team

Announcing Power Apps Copilot Cookbook Gallery

We are excited to share that the all-new Copilot Cookbook Gallery for Power Apps is now available in the Power Apps Community, full of tips and tricks on how to best use Microsoft Copilot as you develop and create in Power Apps. The new Copilot Cookbook is your go-to resource when you need inspiration--or when you're stuck--and aren't sure how to best partner with Copilot while creating apps.   Whether you're looking for the best prompts or just want to know about responsible AI use, visit Copilot Cookbook for regular updates you can rely on--while also serving up some of your greatest tips and tricks for the Community. Check Out the new Copilot Cookbook for Power Apps today: Copilot Cookbook - Power Platform Community.  We can't wait to see what you "cook" up!    

Welcome to the Power Automate Community

You are now a part of a fast-growing vibrant group of peers and industry experts who are here to network, share knowledge, and even have a little fun.   Now that you are a member, you can enjoy the following resources:   Welcome to the Community   News & Announcements: The is your place to get all the latest news around community events and announcements. This is where we share with the community what is going on and how to participate.  Be sure to subscribe to this board and not miss an announcement.   Get Help with Power Automate Forums: If you're looking for support with any part of Power Automate, our forums are the place to go. From General Power Automate forums to Using Connectors, Building Flows and Using Flows.  You will find thousands of technical professionals, and Super Users with years of experience who are ready and eager to answer your questions. You now have the ability to post, reply and give "kudos" on the Power Automate community forums. Make sure you conduct a quick search before creating a new post because your question may have already been asked and answered. Galleries: The galleries are full of content and can assist you with information on creating a flow in our Webinars and Video Gallery, and the ability to share the flows you have created in the Power Automate Cookbook.  Stay connected with the Community Connections & How-To Videos from the Microsoft Community Team. Check out the awesome content being shared there today.   Power Automate Community Blog: Over the years, more than 700 Power Automate Community Blog articles have been written and published by our thriving community. Our community members have learned some excellent tips and have keen insights on the future of process automation. In the Power Automate Community Blog, you can read the latest Power Automate-related posts from our community blog authors around the world. Let us know if you'd like to become an author and contribute your own writing — everything Power Automate-related is welcome.   Community Support: Check out and learn more about Using the Community for tips & tricks. Let us know in the Community Feedback  board if you have any questions or comments about your community experience. Again, we are so excited to welcome you to the Microsoft Power Automate community family. Whether you are brand new to the world of process automation or you are a seasoned Power Automate veteran - our goal is to shape the community to be your 'go to' for support, networking, education, inspiration and encouragement as we enjoy this adventure together.     Power Automate Community Team

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

Tuesday Tip | How to Report Spam in Our Community

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: How to Report Spam in Our Community We strive to maintain a professional and helpful community, and part of that effort involves keeping our platform free of spam. If you encounter a post that you believe is spam, please follow these steps to report it: Locate the Post: Find the post in question within the community.Kebab Menu: Click on the "Kebab" menu | 3 Dots, on the top right of the post.Report Inappropriate Content: Select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the menu.Submit Report: Fill out any necessary details on the form and submit your report.   Our community team will review the report and take appropriate action to ensure our community remains a valuable resource for everyone.   Thank you for helping us keep the community clean and useful!

Users online (4,995)