cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Model-Driven Apps for a school with Microsoft Dataverse

This forum focuses on Microsoft Dataverse and model-driven apps, offering practical exercises with detailed guidance to help you construct a school maintenance system. Throughout this topic, you will engage in creating tables, forms, and views, and incorporate them into your application. This will enable you to effectively record and manage maintenance issues in a school setting. You will gain the knowledge to build your own Dataverse tables and Model-driven apps.

9 REPLIES 9
NicNac24
Helper I
Helper I

I am in the middle of the exercise to create locations table and when I click on +New tab to incorporate my table, it doesn't come up available in the drop down menu.  I see the word Table, but it's not available (can't be clicked on) like all the other options in the drop down.  Very strange.  HELP!  Thanks.

Barto_lomeo
Regular Visitor

Hello, I need help with an error I am getting during exercise 16. How to populate Dataverse tables with data.

When importing AdditionalLocations.xlsx file to the Locations table I am getting the error below, despite following the tutorial exactly. Any help?

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-9 o 14.20.25.png

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-9 o 14.20.48.png

Good Morning:  Just wondering if you've received any feedback from anywhere.  Thought to ask because I'm still waiting for a response to my dilemna since yesterday.  I wondered if it's the norm to receive help like in 24 to 48 hours instead of within a day of the issue.

NicNac24
Helper I
Helper I

Perhaps these photos can be of some help to what I've described.  Notice how at the top of the screen below the +New tab, it says in yellow "One or More Commands Are Unavailable Due to Your Current Privileges for This Environment."  I would assume this has to do with me not having access to click on Table under the +New tab.  You will see the word Table in the drop down menu but no access.

I'm running into the same issue. Were you able to figure out a solution?

Hi, Unfortunately no answer whatsoever. Is anyone here?

Fortunately it was possible to skip that part, and go through with next exercises.

I wonder if it has to do with formating of .xlsx file? My computer and browser are configured in Polish language. 
even though the course focuses on it to bring issues while using Power FX - it does not. However I ran into issues when uploading additional maintenance tasks. I configured the app to use d/m/y date format, but the .csv file uses m/d/y. all records were were able to import, until I changed the app back to American format.

Still I can not find a solution to the import from .xlsx.

I finally got an answer but it wasn't what I expected.  So far, I've been advised to follow up in a Live Session with the Champs next week on the 17th. I replied to them again by saying:  "I have a concern.  I won’t be able to do any learning until next week on the 17th for the Live Q&A session.  I can’t bypass the module since I’m learning step by step on how to build a model-driven app.  I understand many other learners are at a standstill on the same module.  Aren’t we going to lose out on a sufficient amount of time of learning? I know it’s self-paced, but there’s still a time limit."  So anyway I hope I can resume sooner than next week.  Maybe I'll get another reply.  So puzzling.

DorcasKakai
Regular Visitor

I am trying to sign in on an objective but it keeps refusing ,what do I do?

BASSALA
Regular Visitor

Excuses me I can’t open the new form designer. I always deal with the classic one by default. So how can I turn on the new designer experience by default?

Helpful resources

Announcements

Learn what to expect in the Power Up Program

Since its inception in 2022, the Power Up Program has evolved based on feedback from learners and Microsoft Partners and customers. Today's Power Up learners can expect to learn the fundamentals of Microsoft Power Platform in the accelerated seven-week, video-based Power Up Maker course.   Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi to discover the latest enhancements and meet the Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps, who partnered with the Microsoft Power Up Program to create the Power Up Maker course to guide learners to use the Microsoft Power Platform to develop custom applications, build dazzling report dashboards, or create efficiencies through automation.  

Welcome to the Power Up Program Community

The Power Up Program is a free upskilling program where nontechnical people can learn the fundamentals of Microsoft Power Platform. The Power Up Maker course is a seven-week self-paced virtual learning plan that include video-based objectives featuring Power Apps, Power BI and Power Automate.  As a member of the Power Up Community, you can grow your skills and build connections. You can post questions to get help with the curriculum and hands-on exercises from experts and peers in the product boards.  Check out the Community Information & Feedback board to find help or provide feedback with the community experience, and please take time to post in the Social board to tell us more about yourself. If you're new to the Power Up Program and looking for information to register. You can sign up at PowerUp.Microsoft.com.

Users online (4,096)