cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicNac24
Helper I
Helper I

HELP PLEASE: Populating Dataverse Tables With Data (Video 16)

When I attempted this exercise yesterday on importing the CSV,  I received an Import Failed notice in reply which I've attached.  I need to understand what I did wrong and guided.  I'm also confused that my screen popped up looking different (less info to look at) than the tutorial screen on the Maintenance Model-Driven App page displaying Active Maintenance Logs.  Pictures are attached.  Please someone respond soon. I feel loss, and I feel I'm behind though this is self-paced.  I started having issues starting on Video 15 Subgrids, right into Video 16 Populating Dataverse Tables With Data.  Not as simple when learning, (well not for me).  Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
BCBuizer
Multi Super User
Multi Super User

Hi @NicNac24 ,

Please change the extension of the file you are trying to import from .xlsx to .csv.

As can be found in this topic, that resolved an issue similar to yours: Solved: Re: Issues uploading the MaintenanceLogs.csv - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hi BCBuizer!  Thanks for replying to me.  Just wanted to note though that the Excel file I've been trying to import is already a CSV.  It's not xlsx.  I've tried again (the importing) and just when I thought I was getting over the obstacle, I now do not get the option to click on Import from CSV or XML like what was shown in the tutorial.  When I go to click on Import from Excel, there's a side box that comes up saying Import from Excel, Open Import Wizard to import from Excel file.  I have no idea what this means.  This didn't happen the very first time I tried to do this but the import failed.  Attached are photos.  First photo shows my practice screen result, and the other two are from the tutorial.

Hello, @NicNac24 

Try to trace your steps back, what I would recommend:

- Restart your application

- look for your solutions folder and ensure your files still there

- Close the session and reopen a new one

- Follow the tutorial step by step ( I have missed steps big time )

Best!

Hi @NicNac24 ,

From your screenshots it looks like you are in the app editing experience, whereas in the video the app is being played. I suggest you trying playing the app and follow the steps from the video.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

OK.  I will circle back around to that.  Just wanted to alert you that I moved on to the School Library Solution in the meantime.  I'm on Video 19--Load Data Into the School Library Solution Tables.  My intentions are to go back to the other solution where I mentioned my issues are to do what you said.  Will follow up with results when done.  Thank you much for reaching out to me to assist.

Thank you SPepe.  I'm working on another solution at the moment (the School Library), but I will re-address the School Maintenance Solution issues afterward.  I'll advise.

You were right.  I needed to play the App (which wasn't mentioned in the tutorial), and then I got the same kind of screen from the tutorial.  However, I'm still having some odd issues with this whole thing of trying to import the CSV file.  I got an unexpected Error and when I clicked on Show Details, it made no sense to me.  I'll show you.  Photos will help me explain.  I have 5 photos.  Since the max is 3, I'll send the other two photos separately.  In the second photo, there is a drop-down menu with MaintenanceLogs.csv included in the dropdown.  Next to that dropdown is the box showing Custom Files.  I had also changed that to the other alternative:  All Files to see if that meant anything, but it didn't.  Same result.   I hope you can make sense of this.  Thanks much!

NicNac24
Helper I
Helper I

2 other pictures to go along with last response to BCBuizer

BCBuizer
Multi Super User
Multi Super User

Hi @NicNac24 ,

Can you please try to download the file again from the Power Up resources? Perhaps the file you are trying got corrupted somehow.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Learn what to expect in the Power Up Program

Since its inception in 2022, the Power Up Program has evolved based on feedback from learners and Microsoft Partners and customers. Today's Power Up learners can expect to learn the fundamentals of Microsoft Power Platform in the accelerated seven-week, video-based Power Up Maker course.   Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi to discover the latest enhancements and meet the Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps, who partnered with the Microsoft Power Up Program to create the Power Up Maker course to guide learners to use the Microsoft Power Platform to develop custom applications, build dazzling report dashboards, or create efficiencies through automation.  

Welcome to the Power Up Program Community

The Power Up Program is a free upskilling program where nontechnical people can learn the fundamentals of Microsoft Power Platform. The Power Up Maker course is a seven-week self-paced virtual learning plan that include video-based objectives featuring Power Apps, Power BI and Power Automate.  As a member of the Power Up Community, you can grow your skills and build connections. You can post questions to get help with the curriculum and hands-on exercises from experts and peers in the product boards.  Check out the Community Information & Feedback board to find help or provide feedback with the community experience, and please take time to post in the Social board to tell us more about yourself. If you're new to the Power Up Program and looking for information to register. You can sign up at PowerUp.Microsoft.com.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,891)