cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nuel21
Regular Visitor

Issues after importing the maintenanceLog.csv file

I’ve started my power up training and I’ve ran into an issue. I'm on Video 16 where I need to import the file : MaintenanceLogs.csv into the Maintenance logs table and on the video the trainer gets 1 error and 6 success row imports but when I do it all 7 rows fail to import. The error description says : “The lookup reference could not be resolved” which means nothing to me. I have seen previous solution to change my location to US which i did and my service area from building to building block and still having errors. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BenClistBC2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Kia ora @Nuel21,

The error message is telling you it can't find a record in your Location table with these names:

BenClistBC2_0-1713328891288.png

Have you called your locations something else?

Ngā mihi,

Ben

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

Nirav237
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @Nuel21 ,

There might be two condition which is creating error during import -
1) Recheck all the record of Location, if it is have Case senstive record value that might cause an error.
2) The Value for service area where record name Building is created might cause error because on CSV file there is Building work.

Just recheck all the Location values of record and create one new record on the table > Service area with Building work.

It will work,

Regards,
Nirav J Raval

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenClistBC2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Kia ora @Nuel21,

The error message is telling you it can't find a record in your Location table with these names:

BenClistBC2_0-1713328891288.png

Have you called your locations something else?

Ngā mihi,

Ben

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Nirav237
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @Nuel21 ,

There might be two condition which is creating error during import -
1) Recheck all the record of Location, if it is have Case senstive record value that might cause an error.
2) The Value for service area where record name Building is created might cause error because on CSV file there is Building work.

Just recheck all the Location values of record and create one new record on the table > Service area with Building work.

It will work,

Regards,
Nirav J Raval

Thanks so much, i checked my locations where i made a an alphabetical error BO1 instead of B01 and so on

Nuel21
Regular Visitor

Exactly it was an an alphabetical error, Thank you so much

KMPowerUp

I had the same problem and I am complete newbie.

(I am based in the UK) - I opened the CSV data in an Excel sheet so it was delimited to the columns (looking like a normal spreadsheet), and then formatted the date columns to English UK.

For some reason, this didn't work on all dates as some visibly remained in US format.

So, I simply retyped those dates in the cell they are in, which then reformatted them to a UK date.

Imported it again, it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Learn what to expect in the Power Up Program

Since its inception in 2022, the Power Up Program has evolved based on feedback from learners and Microsoft Partners and customers. Today's Power Up learners can expect to learn the fundamentals of Microsoft Power Platform in the accelerated seven-week, video-based Power Up Maker course.   Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi to discover the latest enhancements and meet the Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps, who partnered with the Microsoft Power Up Program to create the Power Up Maker course to guide learners to use the Microsoft Power Platform to develop custom applications, build dazzling report dashboards, or create efficiencies through automation.  

Welcome to the Power Up Program Community

The Power Up Program is a free upskilling program where nontechnical people can learn the fundamentals of Microsoft Power Platform. The Power Up Maker course is a seven-week self-paced virtual learning plan that include video-based objectives featuring Power Apps, Power BI and Power Automate.  As a member of the Power Up Community, you can grow your skills and build connections. You can post questions to get help with the curriculum and hands-on exercises from experts and peers in the product boards.  Check out the Community Information & Feedback board to find help or provide feedback with the community experience, and please take time to post in the Social board to tell us more about yourself. If you're new to the Power Up Program and looking for information to register. You can sign up at PowerUp.Microsoft.com.

Users online (3,034)